18 Weeks/4 ½ Months

It’s been a LONG time since mommy wrote something about me to update you all on my progress. She says she has been “busy” but I think she is just “lazy.” Woof;) Anyway, we have been traveling quite a bit. At 12 weeks I went to the vet for regular puppy vaccinations. Mom was worried about my belly so they did a couple other tests. They determined it is just me being a puppy. While at the vet, I met some puppies. Mommy said their names were Jack. How silly that they would name every puppy Jack.
I did hear her mention Russell, so maybe that was another one of the names and I got it wrong. (Jack Russell Terriers). That vet has tons of them running around. We went back yesterday to finish up all my puppy shots. I only saw one of them Jacks. It was walking along the desk and counter. The vet thinks I’m doing just fine and does not anticipate seeing me again unless something comes up.
Let’s see, what else … I’ve been camping several times this summer. Mommy took Gizzy and me with her to Holland State Park where I got to go into the lake. Gizzy detested it but I didn’t mind. We also got to visit a wooden boat.
For the 4th of July mommy took me to someone’s cabin. It was like a weenie dog convention or something because those people had like four of them and even built a float looking just like them for the parade. I wasn’t allowed to hang out with them though. But mommy spent most of her time with me anyway. She took me to the lake (8-Point Lake) to cool off and I got to go for several walks.
Everyone said how cute I was and asked all sorts of questions about what I would be doing.
Mom has had some events come up that she said wouldn’t be a good idea for me to go to so I went to Suzanne’s (another puppy raiser) while mom went on a kayaking trip and to Florida. There, I met a PAWS pup, Chyna. Suzanne told mom that I was really good when Chyna was there but then after that I had a lot of crate accidents. She could only explain that it was like I was bored or something. Mommy has to deal with this too once or twice a week. We just can not seem to figure it out. Anyway, when mommy picked me up after all her events, she was sooooooooooo happy to see me. I got a new toy right away and mommy kept kissing and hugging me.
She asked where her puppy went because I grew really long in those two weeks. Right now, I am really long with short legs … I just wanted to look like those weenie dogs for awhile is all. Yesterday, I weighed 32.7 pounds. Mommy said she thinks I’m going to be bigger than Cato.
Yesterday, I also went to PAWS class. I worked on going up and down the big stairs and walking backwards. Mommy said I did pretty darn good. I walked around the art sculptures too and didn’t pay them any attention. She was really proud of me and gave me a big treat. Last month, we had class at my house. We got to investigate all the toys and play equipment in the yard.

Also, mommy babysat some kids. She kept telling me I had to behave around them. I was trying to nibble on the toddlers toes so I got in trouble for that. Then she kept grabbing her food with her hands and trying to share with me. I tried really hard not to take anything … mommy’s not sure but I may have had a small bite of strawberry cake (I’ll never tell).
This past weekend I got to go to a “Shin-dig” at Tessa Mae’s house. Me and Tessa got to play a whole bunch until the festivities got underway. Then Tessa went inside. I hung outside with most people. This one lady fell absolute head-over-heels in love with me. She kept giving me ice cubes from her cooler. I tried investigating what else was in the cooler but they wouldn’t let me. Some really loud music was playing inside the barn so mom didn’t take me in there while that was going on. I just laid down by the ice lady and fell asleep. Mommy kept checking up on me to make sure I wasn’t being a pain for the lady.
The lady kept telling mommy to go have fun. I don't know what got into mommy. She usually isn't a social butterfly but that night she talked and talked and talked and laughed so much. She says if it wasn't for me to have something to talk about she has a hard time being social. So while she is teaching me to help someone, I guess I'm kinda helping her too. Also, Tessa visited us for a week so I had someone new to play with. 
One last thing, I made mommy really proud one day. We were over at someones house and I was laying on the porch on a tie out. The tie-out got stuck between the wooden slats of the porch. I went up to the tie-out and grabbed it with my mouth and got it unstuck. Mommy came up to me all smiling and stuff and told me how good I was for doing that. She said I was problem-solving.
Mom says I’m doing really good for my age other than that potty problem once or twice a week. She said she wants to give it another week since I’ve only been back a week and see if it’s just adjustment back to a routine. She loves me just the same.

It’s been a LONG time since mommy wrote something about me to update you all on my progress. She says she has been “busy” but I think she is just “lazy.” Woof;) Anyway, we have been traveling quite a bit. At 12 weeks I went to the vet for regular puppy vaccinations. Mom was worried about my belly so they did a couple other tests. They determined it is just me being a puppy. While at the vet, I met some puppies. Mommy said their names were Jack. How silly that they would name every puppy Jack.
I did hear her mention Russell, so maybe that was another one of the names and I got it wrong. (Jack Russell Terriers). That vet has tons of them running around. We went back yesterday to finish up all my puppy shots. I only saw one of them Jacks. It was walking along the desk and counter. The vet thinks I’m doing just fine and does not anticipate seeing me again unless something comes up.Let’s see, what else … I’ve been camping several times this summer. Mommy took Gizzy and me with her to Holland State Park where I got to go into the lake. Gizzy detested it but I didn’t mind. We also got to visit a wooden boat.
For the 4th of July mommy took me to someone’s cabin. It was like a weenie dog convention or something because those people had like four of them and even built a float looking just like them for the parade. I wasn’t allowed to hang out with them though. But mommy spent most of her time with me anyway. She took me to the lake (8-Point Lake) to cool off and I got to go for several walks.
Everyone said how cute I was and asked all sorts of questions about what I would be doing.Mom has had some events come up that she said wouldn’t be a good idea for me to go to so I went to Suzanne’s (another puppy raiser) while mom went on a kayaking trip and to Florida. There, I met a PAWS pup, Chyna. Suzanne told mom that I was really good when Chyna was there but then after that I had a lot of crate accidents. She could only explain that it was like I was bored or something. Mommy has to deal with this too once or twice a week. We just can not seem to figure it out. Anyway, when mommy picked me up after all her events, she was sooooooooooo happy to see me. I got a new toy right away and mommy kept kissing and hugging me.
She asked where her puppy went because I grew really long in those two weeks. Right now, I am really long with short legs … I just wanted to look like those weenie dogs for awhile is all. Yesterday, I weighed 32.7 pounds. Mommy said she thinks I’m going to be bigger than Cato.Yesterday, I also went to PAWS class. I worked on going up and down the big stairs and walking backwards. Mommy said I did pretty darn good. I walked around the art sculptures too and didn’t pay them any attention. She was really proud of me and gave me a big treat. Last month, we had class at my house. We got to investigate all the toys and play equipment in the yard.

Also, mommy babysat some kids. She kept telling me I had to behave around them. I was trying to nibble on the toddlers toes so I got in trouble for that. Then she kept grabbing her food with her hands and trying to share with me. I tried really hard not to take anything … mommy’s not sure but I may have had a small bite of strawberry cake (I’ll never tell).
This past weekend I got to go to a “Shin-dig” at Tessa Mae’s house. Me and Tessa got to play a whole bunch until the festivities got underway. Then Tessa went inside. I hung outside with most people. This one lady fell absolute head-over-heels in love with me. She kept giving me ice cubes from her cooler. I tried investigating what else was in the cooler but they wouldn’t let me. Some really loud music was playing inside the barn so mom didn’t take me in there while that was going on. I just laid down by the ice lady and fell asleep. Mommy kept checking up on me to make sure I wasn’t being a pain for the lady.
The lady kept telling mommy to go have fun. I don't know what got into mommy. She usually isn't a social butterfly but that night she talked and talked and talked and laughed so much. She says if it wasn't for me to have something to talk about she has a hard time being social. So while she is teaching me to help someone, I guess I'm kinda helping her too. Also, Tessa visited us for a week so I had someone new to play with. 
One last thing, I made mommy really proud one day. We were over at someones house and I was laying on the porch on a tie out. The tie-out got stuck between the wooden slats of the porch. I went up to the tie-out and grabbed it with my mouth and got it unstuck. Mommy came up to me all smiling and stuff and told me how good I was for doing that. She said I was problem-solving.
Mom says I’m doing really good for my age other than that potty problem once or twice a week. She said she wants to give it another week since I’ve only been back a week and see if it’s just adjustment back to a routine. She loves me just the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment