My journey begins

My journey begins

Thursday, May 20, 2010

8 1/2 Weeks and growing


Well, it's been a busy week for me but I have lots to share. Since arriving at my new mommy's home. I met Gizzy, my new sister. She did not seem to like me much. She would walk away every time I came near her. Don't tell her but I think I've grown on her since then ... now she thinks I'm the dog's woof. We love to play with the ball together and chase each other around the yard. It's not fair though because she gets to lay on the couch and IN THE BIG BED! Also, I met Britta. She is seven years old - way old. She is sooooo nice to me:) She would make a good mommy.

Sunday, I didn't feel too well and made lots of messes for mommy. Other than night-time, it was the first time mommy had to keep cleaning up behind (ha ha) me. Before that, I had only one accident in the house. After some medicine I was doing better by morning. Mommy was pretty sick too, but she still took me to school on Monday. School was so cool. I got little bits of my dinner every time I did something right. There were more puppies there but I was the youngest. Everyone seemed to like me and wanted a turn with me. I think it's my chubs. I walked up and down stairs and mommy was really excited about how well I did. She said I was really brave.

On Tuesday one of my school pals, Danka came over for a surprise visit. We got to play for a really long time. It was so FUN! That was also the fist day my sister actually wanted to play with me too. It was such a great day! I slept really good that night. At one point mom thought I was sleeping and she said I have a stubborn side. All I know is I have a right side, left side, and back side.

So far, I've learned to give eye contact in order to get my food. Sometimes, I have to spend my whole lunch doing just that. Mom sits on the floor by me and asks me to sit. Once I sit she says my name and I get food each time I look at her. She says I'm really smart because I'm learning to do two things at once. She doesn't know it but I think I knew how to sit before she got me;)

A couple times a day mommy does tummy time with me. I love getting my belly rubbed but then I end up falling asleep. It's a conspiracy! Sometimes during tummy time mom rubs my feet and looks in my mouth. When mom looks in my mouth, she always says "hello, hello, is there anyone in there" ... what a weirdo. She loves me though, I can tell. She looks at me with really sweet eyes and tells me "yes" every time I do something good. Not to say I haven't been testing her patience. She says I am mouthy. When she tells me "leave it" I tell her arf and give her dirty looks. Then I lay down, give her sad eyes, and pout. She says she doesn't care how cute I am, I'm still not getting my way. She then gives me one of my toys and I start playing with it and she tells me "Yes" again. We do this all day, well between naps, eating, and other puppy stuff. Speaking of ... may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment